12 July 2011

About this blog

I love to cook. Even working full time at a job I love, the high point of my day remains the chance to cook dinner for the two of us.
I've been doing this for more than 20 years.
How can it still be fun after that many meals?
Because there are an infinite number of ways to alter a dish to make it into something new. Because (as most poets recognize) working within limits can free you to be creative. Because I like to eat.

In this blog I will be posting recipes I try, reviews of tools I use, and descriptions of things that work (and don't work) for me in my kitchen.

Welcome, and I hope you find some inspiration here. I also hope I can help you avoid falling into a tedious routine. Cooking a good meal doesn't have to take a big piece out of your day. It can be something to anticipate with pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment